Saturday 10 December 2011

Laceration Interview




You recently lost two thirds of the band members, can you explain what happened?

I asked Ryan and Mark to leave the band late September. This was for a number of reasons but primarily because playing live was becoming not only a chore but something of an embarrassment. Ryan came to me and said he couldn’t be in the band at this point whereas it was not as easy with Mark. However everyone is now on friendly terms and understands why it had to happen.

How have you been finding life as a “one man band”?

It hasn’t made a huge amount of difference for the most part. I have always written and recorded 100% of Laceration material, the only difference is live.

You gigged as a “one band”, how was that, less pressure, more pressure?

It was a different pressure. I didn’t have to worry about the other members’ stage performance and instead could enjoy playing. However relying on technology can be just as stressful if it doesn’t work out.


Any new members lined up?
I have a session drummer and bassist lined up for the full length to make sure it sounds as good as it possibly can. I am not looking for any more live members at the moment.

Lyrically, what are the bands inspirations and what topics do you deal with?

Previously I dealt with typical gore but it got to a point where I didn’t want my name to be associated with the messages I was putting across. I write now about depression, isolation, humanity and things of a generally dark nature.

There’s a definite slam edge to your tracks, how do you describe your sound?

I’d say now it definitely falls under brutal death metal. I think the promo 2011 release has a suffocation/Inherit disease feel to it. In the full length album however listeners will easily pick up on my love for bands such as Disgorge, Defeated Sanity and Putridity.

What has reaction been like to the promo you released some time ago?

It got a really good reaction and definitely won over some new fans of the band.

Did you get any label interest from the promo or is the “whole label thing” not of interest?

Yes. Although I should stress I wasn’t looking for a ‘big’ deal. I just wanted some help with the release and distribution of a full length album.

What future releases do you have planned?

I going to be on a split CD with Party Cannon and Agonised Deformity, we still need a label to release this. And by the middle of next year I will have the debut Laceration full length released on an independent label.

What merch do you guys currently have for sale and where can we get it?

We have a load of t-shirts in stock and they can all be purchased from www.laceration.bigcartel.com

Thanks once again for speaking with us. Any last words you wish to share with our readers?
Be sure to like the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LacerationUK) and keep up to date with tour news and information regarding the upcoming releases!
Thanks for the interview and thanks to everyone who reads it!





No comments:

Post a Comment